Estimated reading time: 4 minute(s)
Health Minister Dr Zweli Mkhize has announced Saturday late night new confirmed cases with Gauteng still leading in number of infected people.
Minister Mkhize said through a statement that they have now recorded 80 new cases, 1 505 from last night to 1 585 today.
He also said that they have managed to make 53 937 successful tests so far.
Number of related deaths still stands at 9. Six of them are from KwaZulu Natal and the other three are from Gauteng, Western Cape and and Free State.
The oldest people to be killed by this pandemic are male and female both at the age of 80 years and the youngest is a 46 years old female.
According to the statement, South Africa now had a total of nine confirmed deaths due to COVID-19.
COVID-19 case per province:
• Gauteng 693
• Western Cape 433
• KwaZulu–Natal 232
• Free State 85
• North West 11
• Mpumalanga 18
• Limpopo 18
• Eastern Cape 25
• Northern Cape 7
• Unallocated 63