Estimated reading time: 5 minute(s)
A murder case against four suspects accused of killing Ronnie Makgato 16 years ago is set to take place today in Seshego Magistrates Court in Polokwane today.
The said four people which includes three businessmen and a woman allegedly killed in 2006 Makgato for ritual purposes.
The said suspects were arrested in April 2022 after being implicated by serial killer Themba Dube.
Amanda Makgato, Joshua Hlako of Hlako Mohafe Tour Bus Services, Khumbelo Mabirimisa of Mabirimisa Bus Services and Marcus Makgato of Makgato Lodge.
Makgato had been reported missing in Soshanguve at the time his killing in 2006.
The remains of his body are yet to be located.
Dube, who is also a Zimbabwean national was arrested after being found in possession of one of his victim’s cellphone last year. It was also discovered during further investigations that the 36 years old Dube is in South Africa illegally.
The 36 years old Dube also faces seven counts of kidnapping, murder and a count of illegal immigration.
He abandoned his bail application last year in court following the community outrage.
- Eva Makhura, 41, she was reported missing in Seshego.
- Andrea Cholo, 25, reported being kidnapped in Seshego.
- Sarah Mathiba , 42, kidnapped in Lebowakgomo.
- Moleboheng Mothibedi ,34, reported missing in Polokwane (A Lesotho national).
- Mpho Sinyatsi ,35, reported missing in Luthuli Park ext 9L.
- Jane Letswalo ,42, her body was found abandoned near Peter Mokaba Stadium.
- Chisimango Gumbo ,48, also reported missing in Seshego.