Gauteng Education MEC Lesufi calls for suspension of learners seen in video fighting in front of a school

Estimated reading time: 3 minute(s)

Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi said he expects heads to roll in disciplining learners who were involved in the brawl that happened outside a school on Tuesday.

A video showing learners fighting at Edenglen High School went viral on social media earlier this week and MEC Lesufi expressed shock and disappointment at the act considering the time the school season is at, as matriculants write final year exams.

MEC said that he was told that this fight at Edenglen High School between the learners was sparked by R25 that was owed to one learner.

Speaking at the school Wednesday morning he said that the learners identified on the video should be dealt with by the school management together with the School Governing Body (SGB) within the laws.

He also called for their suspension.

https://twitter.com/educationgp/status/1326483277004288000
Also Read  Gauteng Dept of Education Claims Arson at Khutso-Tharo Secondary School
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap