Estimated reading time: 4 minute(s)
Police in the District conducted an operation dubbed “Catch Up” Friday night in an effort to enforce the Disaster Management Act. Nine (09) men were arrested for contravention of the Act including possession of and dealing in dagga.
- A 19-year-old man was arrested for possession and dealing in dagga after he was found with 74 bompies of dagga at Lusikisiki main street.
- A 25 and 40 year men were arrested for Contravention with the Disaster Management Act after they were found selling cigarettes at Port St Johns CBD.
- A 49-year-old man was arrested in Ngangelizwe for conveying liquor during level 3 of the Disaster Management Act after he was found in possession of two (02) bottles of alcohol.
- Four (04) men between 29 and 42 years of age were arrested in Ngangelizwe for Contravention of the Disaster Management Act by failing to confine themselves to their places of residence. They each were issued with J534’s and each paid a fine of R500.
- Lastly, a 35-year-old man was arrested and charged for possession and dealing in drugs at Empa locality in Bityi after he was found in possession of 2 × full, 3 × halves and 4 × quarters of Mandrax.
All arrested will appear before their respective courts on Monday, 17 August 2020.